Hood Tube Of SMS Plant
Movable Hood(Lower Stack) & Fix Hood(Upper Stack) Tubes
In the steelmaking process Stacks wears & some time water leakages due to large quantities of hot gas containing high concentrations of dust and carbon monoxide are released from the LD (BOF) converters.
The thermal energy of the hot converter gas can be recovered by a boiler-type cooling stack.
Details of Process
- Dust content 250 gram/cu.mtr. & particle size approx. 1 mm.
- Operating gas temperature 1700 deg. Centigrade & gas flow of 1,50,000 cubic mtr/hr.
- Tube base metal ASTM A 210 Gr.A1 ; AL TP 265 GH (1.0425) 6250 DIN EN 10216 – 2
- Design thickness of stack tube 4.5 mm.
There is metal wastage on inside area of stack (tube surface) due to continuous heat, humidity, atmospheric moisture, thermal shock, presence of gases and dust particle movement.
This surface deterioration will reduce tube wall thickness which will necessitate replacement. The high cost of new tube replacement can be prevented by application of erosion resistant coatings on tube surface area.
Veer Industries has developed the application of a special alloy coating by use of thermal spray technology for retarding metal wastage on tube surface in skirt and hood zone of steel melting shop. This coating job has been successfully completed by our company in compact time span during shutdown period.
Advantages of Coatings
- Lowest co efficient of friction
- Superior bond strength
- Excellent hardness + Thermal Conductivity
- Withstand repeated thermal cycling.